Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Time


I have been lost seems lately. I haven't had a phone or computer for over a week and I really missed them. I have a cell phone but to tell the truth I don't really like talking on the cell phone. I used it everyday while my other phone was out because I had to ---I wanted to keep up with the world you know.

Other things I have been doing is i have canned tomatoes, peaches, blackberry jam and bread and butter squash pickles. I keep having squash-squash and more squash.
My okra is delicious--fried or boiled I love it any way.

My guineas are getting big enough the mother told them this week it was time to fly up into the pear tree with her and their father to roost at night. They cried and cried ,jumped and flew up onto anything that was getting them close to a limb---I tried to help by putting the ladder under the tree and they did use it and they got up there. They are not really very big about the size of a quail --not hardly that big but the mama wanted them up in that tree and she got them up there.

Farmer Man has helped me some with pealing peaches and that is about all. He sleeps a lot in the mornings. He has not felt very well lately. He can't get out in the heat much and I have to get him to come in because he will forget how long he has been out I guess. I know he gets so confused about so many things that everyday
we discuss the same things over and over. Right now he thinks someone has taken our hogs and we haven't had hogs in 35 years or longer so he is back in the past where most of the time he talks of the past. He is in pretty good shape and I am glad.
I love him and he loves me and soon we will be married 59 years --Aug.4Th. WOW WE what a long time.
Time to say,
Love Aunt Maria{Marie}

No comments: