Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sweet Pears!!


I haven't been here in a while---I had to get a new computer my other one left this world.
I have been lost without it. I am going to try to get back to writing for i have some things i want to talk about.
It will soon be Thanksgiving--this week to be exact. All the family will be here I think --we will eat at 4pm. everyone will bring their favorite dish or dishes.All my girls are very good cooks. I have a ham I will bake. Angela brought me some of the finest turnips today and while I was at church she cooked the turnips and the greens that came with the turnips. We ate some turnips tonight for supper and they are delicious. The greens and turnips will be even better Thursday for our meal.

Christmas is soon to follow. I have things to get done like everyone else. I make special Tea Cakes i call my,"Chicken Whisper Cookies", I will give you the recipe later and pictures of the cookies.

Farmer Man is getting worse and that is a story too. I hope to get used to my new computer so I can write some of the stories i have to tell.

I hope all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for the love of God and his blessings everyday.

Love Aunt Maria[Marie]

1 comment:

Tina said...

Welcome back, sweet friend! Looking forward to your posts. They are bright spots in my life and I thank you for sharing your heart with others! Happy Thanksgiving!