Friday, September 10, 2010

Turk!!


He got him---Turk I mean. The coyote got him. Turk was my very special Brahma Feather legged rooster. I had raised from an hatched baby to this beautiful sweet gentle rooster. The coyote also got one of my large black layers she was always with Turk. I named him Turk because when he was young he ran like a turkey ---so Turk he became. He was only 3yrs old. I really miss him because he was always greeting me when I was in the yard.

This morning about 6:30am I went out to feed the chickens and my 10 guineas--I feed them in the yard at the house. I thought I would walk out to the barn and see if the coyote was out there. There he lay under the tree looking at me right there at the barn. He didn't run he just got up and started walking off. He is very scary because he is too brave. He will have to be taken care of or he will eat all of my chickens and could jump me if I went in the barn and surprised him.

I love all of God's creation but there is a time when something like this is unsafe for my animals and children and myself. We may try a live trap but I might catch my dogs but it will not injure them just scare them. I will let you know more of this story as time goes on.

God Bless
Love Aunt Maria{Marie}

No comments: