Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas!!!


How did it get here so quickly this year? My year has been fast running through the valley. That's where i have been this year with my Old Farmer Man getting worse and my fall last Feb. I have battled with pain and confusion . I know my God has been with me through it all and we will come out of the valley soon. There has been some very good days and I am thankful for them. There has been some sad days ---when he looks at me every morning and asks where is his sisters and dad. I try diversion but he will keep on until I have to say again they are all dead. Then he tells me with sadness in his eyes,"That makes me sad."

Yesterday I made a decision to try a new place to take him for the day. I can take him from 8am until 5pm with breakfast, lunch and supper but I will not leave him that long at a time. Yesterday I took him at 10:00 and picked him up at 3:30 --he made it fine and found others to talk to and people that knew his father and his brother. When I went in to pick him up he was waiting in the parlor, which is beautiful and all decorated for Christmas, "He told me he had been waiting on me all day." He was OK and seemed more alert. I thought the interaction with other people might be a very good thing.
I will take him again tomorrow. I pray this works out for both of us.

I had a good day out Christmas shopping with my granddaughter, daughter and two great grand babies. What a treat and sometimes funny.

Will keep you posted on our progress.

Love Aunt Maria[marie]

No comments: