Sunday, September 11, 2011

Seasons of Life~~

The spring and summer have almost left us and i have not posted for a few months.
I have been in the flow of life changes~~~~~Really not the kind of changes that I really wanted. Old Farmer Man has dementia, as I have mentioned before, the last few months have been much worse for him. He had UTI several times and then pneumonia that was very bad. He couldn't walk and spent 44 days in Nursing Home. He still can't walk but I brought him home anyways. Hospice Compassus is helping me out. A nurse comes two days a week and an CNA comes three times a week. He stays in bed most of the time. My children all help out and  I am so thankful for that.
Friends offer to help if I need them. I never know when I will need someone to come and help get him up during the day. I thank God for good neighbors and family and church family.

I don't have much time for anything but caring for him. I did make some fig preserves and blackberry preserves. I made my wonderful corn relish from my corn in the garden. I did these things in between running back and forth while he was in nursing home.

He is much happier home even though he doesn't realize he is at home. He just knows I am with him all the time. I am very glad I could bring him home~~I hope he can spend the rest of his days here.

I made some pictures to share. Hands tell a story of a long working man's life. Now they lay still only to touch the dog are reach for my hand or hug the children and others. They reach out to visitors to shake their hands and wave bye bye. LIFE CHANGES.
WE all face them.

LOVE AUNT MARIA
[Marie]

No comments: