Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just Chickens Talking




This is not the front of the book this is a page from inside. I also had to show you a pretty bouquet of flowers from my dried up garden.

This is the title of the small children's book I wrote last November. It is titled this because I listen to chickens every day and they do talk to each other and to me.
I have lots of free range chickens and I mean free. This year I have raised about 30 I think ---I really don't know for sure. I have about 60 in all. They greet me each morning at the back door. Now I know you think my my she must be a little eccentricity---probably so. I have a chicken coop my grandson built for me joined onto the back of my cabin. Oh no you must say. It does work well for me but every thing thinks the cabin belongs to them too. Chickens cats an more cats.

I have a cat hole in the back door for Miss Millie my only black cat--Used to be my only cat. In February a new cat showed up in my cabin with a pink collar so she became Pinkie---well Pinkie stayed because I couldn't find her owner. Now she has four almost grown kittens[She was pregnant when she came] ---before I could do anything about getting her fixed she was showing again and now she has more at the barn and I can't find them. What am I to do? I am going to give them away if I can.
I could go on with chicken and cat stories---well I might some other time.

My little chicken talking book is small for the beginner reader only about four lines to the page. I haven't even had any printed I did two copies on my computer for myself.

I have to say Farmer Man has had some really bad days lately. We think he has had some more mini strokes. For several days he was talking about our car that we haven't had for 30 yrs or more. He was going to get it he knew the man that had it.
So this has gone on and on and has not been easy to take care of him wanting to leave. I called Dianna and she came Fri. and took him out to look for the car and he couldn't find it---he has been some better sense he came back.
He has slept a lot, a lot more than usual. I just hope he stays calm and not agitated like he got Fri.. He did go out with me to feed the goats this afternoon and he likes that.

Hoping for a good week.
God bless us all.
Love,
Aunt Maria[Marie]

No comments: