Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Surprises!!


Farmer Man and I have been married 59 yrs today. It was a hot summer that year too--seems it was about like this year. Today was not a good day for Farmer Man --some reason he didn't even know me today.I asked, did he remember our wedding day and he didn't. I had him come into the kitchen and help me seed the damsons. We talked a lot and he thought I was his sister again. It is sad to see him have these days when he doesn't know me and they are getting more and more.

This picture is of some things from my gardens and I really don't know how we have much of anything with all this heat. It is good to have this much and i have flowers that haven't dried up completely.

After lunch he went to the porch with the fly swat which he carries around all the time killing flies or ants or wasps and anything that he thinks needs swatting.
I was in the kitchen washing dishes and after a while he came in and sat down in the living room---pretty soon i heard him snoring. When i finished in the kitchen I went and sat on the sofa and took a little rest and he woke up and looked over at me and I looked at him --OH my goodness his left eye was as big as my fist , almost swollen together. I jumped up and said," What happened to your eye?" He had to think a little bit and said,"A wasp stung him on the eye". I got an ice pack and gave him a baby aspirin cause that's all I had. He never complained but when Dianna came by after work she said she would bring him Benadril and she did so I gave him one.
The swelling was all over the side of his face and neck by night ---he still never complained only he asked me if i had some eye drops and I put some in his eyes at bedtime. I hope tomorrow is a good day with no unexpected happenings. Today was a good day in The Lord and I thank him for it and the 59 yrs of marriage to Old Farmer Man.
Love,
Aunt Maria[marie]

1 comment:

possumcreek said...

Love your blog Maria. So full of loving stories and shows your love for family