Sunday, October 3, 2010

Watermelon!!



This is the last of my garden --well I do have a few pepper plants with some peppers and some almost dried up okra. We have had no rain around here for a while and things are very dry and dusty.
Earlier this year I showed you a picture of my Moon and Star watermelons while they were still growing in the garden. These pictures I am showing you tonight are of the melon big and ripe. It was so heavy I could not carry it. I cut it up and shared it with our church last night. We had a benefit fish fry --I didn't get to go but did go by and pick up two plates from two sweet girls waiting on the side of the road with them. My daughters. I hope someone ate the melon and enjoyed it.
I have so many seeds that I saved I can plant an acre or more. These seeds are heirloom seeds that you can keep and keep seeding.

My shoulder is better and my therapy is almost finished. I will try my best to take care and not injure it again.

Farmer Man is not better he has been falling and I hope he doesn't do that again. He is still having therapy here at home. It does help and i am glad they can come here to do it. Memory is getting worse and worse. He is looking OK but I know he is not. He doesn't walk OK he stumbles and his legs are weak and I really don't know why.
He could have had another mini stroke.

He enjoyed the watermelon.

Love,
Aunt Maria{marie}

No comments: