Friday, December 11, 2009

Tea Cakes!!


I love tea cakes. My grandmother made them when I was a little girl and she always put raisins on top --not a lot like 4 or 5. Her tea cakes tasted so good I just loved them. Today i made teacakes for the great grandchildren for Christmas. I make tea cakes often not often enough ---because all my family really like for me to make them. I make some that are cut out and they are a large chicken, I call them my,"Chicken Whisper Cookies". I didn't make them today I made smaller cut out.
Christmas is a fun time with all the family coming---But I haven't gotten many things done--not much decorating. I did make the uncooked fruit cake like my mother used to make. Not everyone likes fruit cake--- I don't know why it's gooey and sweet and full of nuts and fruit.

Today I went into town and Uncle Omar{Farmer Man} went with me. I sure don't get much done when I know he is waiting on me in the truck. But I really don't like leaving him here for long so if I go alone I still don't get much done I am thinking about him. He gets into things when I leave him alone--like going to his shop and hurting himself. He has a sore lip now looks like he hit himself in the mouth with something and he doesn't know how he did it.
He is like a little boy looking for things to get into. Grinding on the grinding wheel, buffing things is not good for a little boy---three fingers got ground pretty good. I know God is watching over him --- I asked him to because I can't always see everything. He only does these things when he is feeling better physically and he thinks he can still do all the things he used to do but mentally he cannot. His reflexes are not fast like they used to be, but he doesn't want me to tell him that.
Most of the time he is a good little boy and wants my approval and when I scold him like a little boy it hurts his feelings. Then he wants me not to be mad-- he says. I tell him I am not mad just trying to take care of him. Good thing I am the motherly type --don't you think.
Well enough tonight --my little boy goes to bed at 6:30 or7:00 every night and sleeps well and i thank God for that too.

Love,
Marie{aunt maria}

No comments: