Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lost time.

Today Farmer Man didn't feel so well. I took him to the grocery store where he used to go to buy things for me and see all his friends. I miss him going and shopping for me. He would always buy some extra canned goods I didn't ask for. Canned pinto beans,white beans, corn, pork and beans, mixed vegetables and tomatoes, even though I canned tomatoes. He always said someone might come unexpectedly and I could fix a meal out of the pantry, that is true I have.

While shopping today he met some of his friends in the store, he said," I haven't seen you in about six years." The friend didn't know what was going on. When we got outside one of his old friends from where he used to work called to him ,and he came over and started talking. Farmer Man told him the same thing he hadn't seen him in so long , his friend said it hasn't been long. I told him about his dementia and he patted him on his back and kept on talking like always.That is good for him to get out some, but he doesn't have to tell everyone how fast i drive him around. Ha ha

No comments: