Saturday, January 16, 2010

Winter Blahs!!



This cold spell left me weary and dreary. I enjoyed yesterday very much though my sweet niece and children came we got the wheel barrow and i helped some, pick up sticks off the yard. I still have big chunks of ice in the back yard where I had to throw it out of chicken water pans and refill two times a day and sometimes more.

Nibbles the goat is still getting larger and larger with her babies. I thought she would have them in the coldest weather but she didn't --so we will let you know when they get here.

This week I kept one of the great grand babies two days --she is not hardly two but she loves going outside to see the chickens and goats. My two little silkies are bantams but have big bird syndrome they think they can take on other larger things such as a little girl. They had never jumped on anyone but me before so I told her to stand there with the silkies and i would take her picture and she did---just as i clicked the picture he flogged her little legs and she turned screaming and he was flogging her little back as i got to him and rescued her he jumped me too. She was fine just a little scared. She was telling me,"chichn chichn", and was all excited trying to tell me about the what he did.
Now i will have to watch the cute little silkies. In the picture you can see he has his neck feathers spread out and head down and her hear was looking down too but just in curiosity.

Omar keeps me so busy now because he is getting worse in areas that he had been alright but not now. He talks to me so much about all of his dead family members it just goes on and on. I tell him not to think about them that they are OK. He wants to know why didn't some one tell him about them he would have gone to the funeral.
There is no fixing it i just try to talk about other things and get him to talking about some imaginary tale he tells me now. He asked me were we going tonight? I asked him where are we going---HE said to the races. When we were young we used to go to the races on Saturday night sometime. I told him I thought it was too rainy and cold to go tonight and he agreed with me--so we didn't go to the races tonight. I just get up and hug him and reassure him it's alright. It makes me sad but we will make it with God's help and I know He is there for us.

Love,
Marie{aunt maria}

No comments: