Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year --2011


Christmas went by like a breeze and then the New Year was here and Farmer Man had his special bd Jan 1. He loves being the vocus of the day even if it is everyones special day before they go back to work. He always bragged about having a holiday for his BD. All the daughters came and some other members of the family. Our pastor Bro. Doug came and we had black eyed peas, hog jowl, turnip greens and corn bread , all for good luck for this 2011 year. We had much more to eat too. Ham and biscuits yum. Lots of other things like I made some Chess Squares I had been wanting for some time and they were delicious.

I have still got pain and problems with my shoulder. I haven't been on here much because it hurts if I stay on long using my arm. I have to go back to have another MRI.

The picture is of my sister Deb and her children and grandchildren and our two other neices. This wasn't his BD hardly but he enjoyed the attention he got that day.

Farmer Man is getting worse all the time but he still goes out with me , if he feels like it, in the afternoon to feed the goats, while I feed the chickens and gather the eggs.
I have to direct him as to what to do sometimes. This New Year will be a good year I just know. God will direct my steps and help us through.

If it snows tonight I will have some good pictures tomorrow. We could get 7 inches wow!!

Love Aunt Maria[marie]

1 comment:

possumcreek said...

Maria, I'm still in love with your stories. You speak from the heart and soul of a wonderful, honest woman. I tell the customers who buy one of your cards from me, about your soft spoken Tenn. accent that makes me smile whenever I think of our conversations over the phone. You take care and take care of your darlin' husband!