Sunday, November 1, 2009

Alzheimer or Dementia


Today was a beautiful fall day.Going to church at 8:30am, it was misty fog and rays of sun like they were floating through the mist ---The colors of the trees was brighter and more luminous looking. It was God's handiwork for sure--Everything seemed to glow. I heard more than one comment about the beauty.
Our Pastor Doug had a message that was definitely God directed. Is your bible worn or written in or just underlined a lot? I like to underline and make sideline notes and date it. We have had several pastors over the years and I have written their names and sermon topic and the date and scripture in my bible.

I have to say a few words about Farmer Man, he has lots of back pain and his legs are weak. He still goes each morning and night to feed the goats. He has to use a cane and he walks slow and he has fallen several times.

Alzheimer or dementia is a robbing aliment. It robs the person of all the memories of the present or that is what is happening here. He talks about his brothers and sisters a lot now and has told me i am a lot like his mother that passed away when he was fourteen.
He doesn't believe I am his wife because I am too old, but he says I am really good to him like his wife was. I don't know if this is the thing to do or not ,but I got a picture out of a younger me and an older me and showed him. I told him I am the same person on the inside I just look different on the outside. I said i am still that young 16yr. old inside and still dream dreams and want to do creative things like i always have. On the outside I just look different and so do you.

He said the other lady works around here all the time doing things and he was wondering if he should pay her--Ha Ha yes of course. I laugh and tell him we are the same person--Me and that cleaning lady.Well we just laugh him because he is confused and me because I don't want to cry.

Love,
Aunt Maria

No comments: