Monday, October 5, 2009

Psalms 23:5 Living Bible



Psalms 23:5
You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies.you have welcomed me
as your guest; blessings overflow!


Delicious food I did partake of yesterday, we had Homecoming at Mt Lebanon UMC and we had a wonderful day. There were many guests and old friends and lots of food-food -food. Blessings overflow as always where God is present. My four daughters
all came and lots of other family members --grandchildren and great grandchildren.
The oldest daughter Dianna, and the group she sings with blessed us with four beautiful songs


Even in the presence of having a blessed day things can change quickly.
Dr. Gray, my son-in-law stayed home with Old Farmer Man. We got home about 12:30pm
and found that Farmer Man was wrapped in blankets from head to toe having raging chills and burning up with fever. Dr. said it just came on fast so he thought he might be coming down with Swine Flu. He does this when he has urinary track infection or colon problems. I did go get Tami flu but we decided it was colon problems again.
I gave him Tylenol and Cipro in the afternoon and at bed time.

Amazing as it sounds people with dementia are much like a child they cannot tell you where they hurt. I have learned some of the signs and signals. I do believe last week when he was doing and saying some strange things, it was the infection coming on. He got up this morning and like a child again he was fine, he said. He is much better today and will take the antibiotics ten days.

In the midst of all this going on I was to go pick up my prize money,$500.00, for Old Farmer Man Scarecrow winnings. I did go get it and that if course was a blessing.

I live an interesting life now---Oh it has always been interesting and blessed.
Thank God for all of it.
Love Aunt Maria

No comments: